Thursday 31 May 2012

World on Fire

Last night I dreamed that I was in an apartment, in a big block of apartments, surrounded by many more big blocks of apartments. The sky was dark, and fire was spreading from balcony to balcony in apartments near and far. There were several people with me, but their voices and actions did not feature. Instead, these thoughts went through my mind. First: 'Quick! Let's get fire extinguishers handy right now! When the fire spreads to the balcony we'll quickly put it out and that way we'll prevent out flat from burning!' Second: 'No, that's not going to work, the whole block will be set aflame and protecting our one flat will be futile, it will burn all the same as it's part of the building. Let's pack up everything we want to salvage and get out of here now!' Third: 'Ok, maybe just a backpack... what should I take? Photo albums? Jewelry? Books?' Fourth: 'There is nothing here that I can't replace except my self. Leave everything and get out.'

The fourth and final thought is what I was left with when I woke up. Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something. What's important? No thing. What's important is living.

No comments:

Post a Comment